Saturday, November 2, 2013

Murray's Beeswax Review

murrays beeswax

Murray's Beeswax has been my #1 go to favorite product for awhile now.  I moved to Detroit about 7 years ago and it took me forever to find a good barber.. and when I finally did he put me on to this.  I always thought beeswax was for twisting dreads and locks when I was younger but you can do ANYTHING with this.. no matter what style your going for or what hair type you have this is the cure all can of grease hands down.  

First off you can find this anywhere from the grocery store to supply shops and it usually runs about 2-3$.. and in a world where everything's going up but my paycheck it's good to know some things stay grounded.  

murrays beeswax

Pop the top and you see that nice yellow wax just waiting for you to scoop it out.  Smells great, well.. like beeswax pretty much.  A nice uhh waxy pomade earthy kind of scent.

murrays beeswax

To me this has the perfect consistency.  Digging in you feel that it's hard so you know it's going to put your hairs into any kind of shape while holding great.  But it's not so hard that you think, oh shit this is going to be in for a week.  I'd say it's just the right notch down from the super heavyweights that are like cement, but definitely still in the strong category.  

Grab a dab and put it in your palm, then take just one fingertip and circle it around and you'll feel it soften up from the warmth of your hands.  Rub your hands together and slide it in.  Like anything try to start with a little first cause it can go a long way.  Even just a tiny dab can give great results if you don't want the super slick look.  Comb or brush it through your hairs to get it spread evenly then pop everything into place.  

murrays beeswax

Guaranteed every time!  Go for the slick rounded


the sharp stack


or add some more for the super sheen

murrays beeswax

Whatever you do or want to do with your hair the beeswax will put it there.  These are all short shots but when my hair was way longer I still used the Murray's every day..  If you're sporting a pomp or a big side part this is perfect.  If you've got really long hair you can add a dab of the Murray's Exelento or Hair Glo to soften it up for manageability and extra shine.  If you want matte put a little, shine add some more.. or it works with anything if you want to slick some top coat on there.    

Holds and restyles through anything.  You can work a 12 hour shift, walk through high winds, get rained on, then go on a date afterward and your hair is still looking good just comb it up real quick.  For me Murray's Beeswax has always been the one.. I'd give it five stars in every department.  Availability, price, smell, hold, shine, durability, and whatever else you can think of.. for 3$ this can is king.  A necessary staple in your arsenal if it's not there already grab it now!



5 comments:

  1. great review and thanks, i have Murray's Beeswax and i love him, amazing smell, good hold and easy to use, the downside for me that he doesn't straighten my curly hair 100 percent but he can straighten curly hair and i love him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool man, appreciate it.. don't know much about curly hair. My barber said he was putting processes on some people if they want their hair straightened but that might not be worth the hassle. Thanks for checking out the post.

      Delete
  2. Brah...
    How would you compare this to Nu Nile?
    Pretty much the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're neck and neck man, nunile might be a little shinier and holds like cement if you put a lot in, but the wax holds good too.. like you said pretty much the same. I'd grab em both if you got a store near you they're only like 2$ a pop out here but if you gotta order the beeswax has always been my favorite

      Delete
  3. Is your hair stubborn? Can’t get that side part where you want it? Want your hair off your forehead but it keeps falling back down? You need to bring out the big guns. Enter murrays superior pomade. Your hair doesn’t stand a chance against this thick, sticky, petroleum-based monster! My hair is very stubborn. If I have it pushed up for a while and then want to try a side part, I can’t get it to lay down correctly no matter how much I try to bend it to my will or bully it into submission with other products. And yet, it only takes one application of Murray’s to get everything in order.

    To apply, use your finger to scoop a dime-sized blob from the can. Rub this between your palms to warm it and apply to DRY hair. Style using fingers or a comb depending on the look you're going for.

    You’ll hear horror stories about Murray’s, and for good reason. Most of it’s true. Luckily, through trial and error, I can address a lot of these concerns.

    ReplyDelete