Saturday, June 15, 2013

S Curl Pomade Review

s curl pomade

New School classic here from the same company out of Chicago that brings you the 360 Style pomade.  Now I don't think this is going to bring out any kind of waves with my hair type but I'm going to use it anyhow.  First off this stuff is cheap, 2$ a can so I like that.. and just cause it is doesn't mean it's not a quality product, some of my favorites ring in at the same price range.  

s curl pomade review

Popping the top you see it's that golden translucent type of pomade, reminiscent of wave and groom or other similar products.  Smell is nice, not too heavy.. just smells like a mellow product scent, nothing really to compare it to but smells good.  You've probably smelled it in other peoples hair before and might recognize the scent.


Digging in it's nice and firm, put it in your palms to spread around and soften it up.  I like the pomades on the harder side for that solid all day hold without your shit drooping down.  Goes in quick and easy, I started with a little then added an extra dab.  Brushed it in evenly then combed it up.  Made my hairs nice and solid so they would stand up into place.

s curl pomade review

I don't have a whole lot of hair anymore but I imagine this would stack your shit high if you're going for a big pompadour.  Made mine real firm and pliable so there's a lot of flexibility, but for now all I'm looking for is it to whip up my style quick and easy and hold it there all day.  The S Curl did that with no problem.

s curl pomade

s curl wave control review

If you comb it up it's going to be nice and tight, or you can brush it or pick it out for something bigger or looser.. either way this stuff is going to hold good.  Re combs no problem too.  Didn't give me a lot of shine but the can says it would.. not a dealbreaker for me but if you like that high gloss you might need a dab of something else to shine it up.  Then again it might add shine for you cause it's supposed to.  Think this will work different depending on your hair type.  The can says to warm/dampen your hairs with a hot towel before applying but I always just put everything in dry.  That might help get your waves spinning if you do the hot towel, or dampen it and drop a wave cap on top.  But for what I'm looking for it seemed to do the trick.

Overall I'd say it's a definite for your arsenal, at 2$ why not grab some?  Super strong, firm hold for height and style ability, smells good, goes in and works easy, and it's going to last all day.  You can get it just about anywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment