Saturday, June 22, 2013

Dax High & Tight Awesome Shine Review

dax high and tight review

The high&tight awesome hold has been one of my favorites lately so I had to try it's green counterpart here.  Grabbed some yesterday for 3.50$ so like all Dax products, the price is right.  One of the big ups of the high&tights to me is the smell and the awesome shine has the same scent as the awesome hold.  When I first caught a whiff I kind of thought it was like a musky old man cologne scent but it's really grown on me.  It is a bit muskier than most products but I dig it, if you see some take a whiff.  

dax high and tight

Popping the top you see a blue green semi translucent glop of product staring back at you.. never know what you're gonna get when it looks like this.  


Digging in it's super light and greasy, the kind that wants to slide right off your finger.. it's got a little bit of strength but mostly lightweight grease here.  Hmm, I was hoping to get the best of both worlds with this one, thought it was going to be a heavyweight product like the awesome hold just with more shine factor, guess not.  Can't win'em all but too late to turn back now.  I put it in my palms and got a really thin layer of grease so it was super easy to slide through my hairs.  Got it evenly dispersed with no problem and combed it through.  The nice smell stays with it and I got my hairs in place quick and easy, but it's a real lightweight product.  

dax high and tight shine



Although I got my style it wasn't super tight like I like it and the hold wasn't there as much, the front wanted to droop real bad.  Walking outside into the sun and heat made it sag a lot too.  You can kind of see the top wants to push forward and fall where stronger products usually hold my hairs straight back.  Did give it shine though you can't tell much from the pics, and it made my hair really soft too.  Being as it is a super shine product it does do what it says so I can't fault it for not being what I hoped.  
If you want a nice firm holder with a great smell check out the High&Tight awesome hold

Using that first might've set the bar to high for it's green brother can here, as I was halfway expecting the same thickness of pomade.. but it's still a good product if you like a light dressing grease or if you've got thicker or curly hair that holds itself in place already this would be good for sheen and smell.  I'll probably mix a bit of both together and test that out, but for me I don't think I'll be using this by itself.  Still worth a shot if you like the lighter products and definitely for the smell.  Check it out if you see a can or grab a can of both types here

No comments:

Post a Comment