Friday, May 31, 2013

Rusk Warped Wax Review



This is a little off my beaten path, but I'll try anything.  When I was visiting my parents awhile back my Dad gave it to me cause he said they were out of his regular grease and had to get this instead.. ended up getting his regular stuff and passed this on to me.  Never heard of Rusk before so don't know much about the history so I'll get right in.


Looks pretty interesting, translucent blue waxy grease.  Really clean smell to it, like a shampoo or something but very nice though not too strong.  


Dipping in it comes out easy, not too soft or light which I like.. has a bit of a waxy composition but not super strong and sticky like a straight beeswax or strong pomade would be.  Working it into my palms it feels like it will have a decent hold, spread around real easy and glides right into your hair.  I used a small amount and put some more in after..  Distributed evenly and combed up with no problem.




Got everything in place and sitting right pretty quick.. I noticed it gave my hair a bit of weight, not too bad but just didn't get my normal height.. but pretty damn close, maybe I should've stuck with the small amount I first had in.  I rocked it for half a day and it held well, again it's not as strong and sticky as some products, but will definitely do the trick.  Got back home and it still looked good, re combed back to the original specs.  
Overall I'd say it's pretty good stuff here.. smell is really good, nice shine, works in smooth, styles up and holds it well, washes out fairly decent too.  By the looks of it I thought it was going to be a water based, but is not.  If you check around it starts around 3$ online for 1.8oz which isn't too bad.. again from the looks of it I thought it was going to be one of those 15$ cans of grease but you can get it for cheaper if you check around.  Worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment