Saturday, May 11, 2013

Dax High and Tight Review

dax high and tight

Heard lots of good things about this so I wanted to give it a shot.  Been checking everywhere for awhile now.. came across some last year and after buying it saw there was an expiration date printed on the side for 2011 so watch out for that.  The places I talk to that do stock it say it goes pretty fast so that's saying something.. but watch out for the places that have had the same cans sitting around for 5 years.  There's a green can version that's for awesome shine, but I opted for the hold feature.. prob try the shine some other time.

dax high tight review

Getting into it, looks like a nice greasy, waxy, smelly product.. one you want to sink your fingers into.  The smell is a bit musky kind of like an old school aftershave or cologne.. you might think it smells like an old man but it's pretty good to me.  If you see it definitely give it the smell test cause it is kind of strong if you wear cologne or something it might try to fight with the scent, but it's growing on me.  

dax high and tight

Digging in, it's nice and firm.. real sticky and waxy, which is a good indicator for that max hold.  I like a product that's on the harder side, not the stuff that will slide of your hand if you don't get it in quick..  that weak slimy shit won't hold your hairs up let alone last all day.  Butters up real good, worked a dab in my palms and slid it in with ease.  No problems at all, got it in without a fight and combed up real proper.  I like something you don't have to fight with or take 5 minutes trying to get it in and/or styled right.  The high and tight is just waiting to do it's job.. started at the back with a long comb and bing bam boom, great results.  I'm talking 3 minutes tops to get it in, style and out the door no fuss.

dax high and tight

Took these after I had it in about 3 hours and did a quick recomb, still looks brand new!

dax high tight review

dax high tight review

Put all my hairs in place, and held them strong all day long.  I lucked out and got it for 2.39$ but you can get it anywhere from 3-5$ and it's well worth it, a dab can go a long way.  Dax says there's lanolin, coconut and jojoba oil in there to shine, condition, nourish, moisturize, and soften your hair.  I say either way it's great.  It'll work with any hair type, mine is pretty straight but if you've got curls or rock a wave cap it should give you waves too. 

I really dig this stuff.  I haven't been this happy with a new product maybe ever.  This might be my new go to, or at least a strong #2 to my regular daily choice.  If you like a waxy thick product that's going to go the distance, this is the one!  Track some down and grab a couple cans.  Price is right, smells good, goes in and styles superbly, holds like a vice grip and even washes out pretty good the next day.  Dax may have made the perfect product with the High and Tight.. just like the can says.. Bring your hair to attention and attention to your hair.  That's the truth!  you heard it here, now go get it

No comments:

Post a Comment