Saturday, April 20, 2013

Dax Bees Wax Review

dax beeswax

I've tried a lot of different pomades and such, but always end up back at beeswax.  Everybody's got a thing and that's what does it for me..  Been using the Murray's beeswax for awhile now and always wanted to pick up the Dax version.  I tried to put my expectations aside and not compare it to what I'm used to.  I've heard good things about this one so figured it was time.


The smell here is a mix between a clean product scent and what you'd expect from a beeswax.  My girl said it was 'floral' smelling.. now I'm not trying to walk around with floral scented hair so I call it clean.  The Dax BeesWax isn't a straight shot product, they've mixed some royal jelly, mineral oil, petrolatum and some other things in there like Dax likes to do.  These things help soften your hair like the package says..


but the mix really softens up the product too.  Scooping in I'd say it's prob the lightest grease I've ever dealt with.. something you wouldn't expect from a wax.  Immediately this made me doubt it's sculpting/holding properties.. it's super light and comes out soft and slippery like melted butter.


It'll slide off your hands if you don't get it in quick.. but it does work in very smooth no problems there. I put in a decent amount then added some more on top of that.  Works in and styles up with ease.



Has a bit of a drier look which is cool if you're not going for the pound of product in my hair type of look.  Gave my hair a very nice healthy looking sheen, and really softened it up like the bottle says.  Big difference from the hardened crunch of some pomades.  But sometimes I kind of like that crunch, that's what keeps your shit in place throughout the day.  

I tried it out a couple times and yesterday was a windy day and I'll say I can't really see myself using it much.  I need something I can trust is going to keep my shit straight and in place whether working 12 hour days, going to school or going out.  When I was out yesterday, I noticed peoples eyes I was talking to drifting to the top.. I thought that damn wind fucked me up, or maybe it was the wax and when I got back to my car sure enough things were floating all over the place.

You can get a nice style with this, but keeping in place is important


See how it wants to fall down on me?  Seems to hold the style very loosely.  This is just at home, wouldn't last 5 minutes in the street.  I don't want to talk too much shit about it so it is cool in some respects.. goes in and styles up easy, washes out real good the next day.. and leaves your hair soft after the wash or after putting some in.  But all in all this one's not for me.  Might be good if your hair is really short and you want a light grease, or if you want to soften up your dreadlocks or something.. maybe use it as a topper for something heavy.  So I'm sure it has it's place and I've heard of it working great for a lot of people.. and for less than 3$ at most stores it doesn't hurt much to give it a shot if you want.  

No comments:

Post a Comment