Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Duke Wave Pomade Review

duke wave review

After uncapping and smelling about 7 different cans of pomade at the store, I decided to give the old Duke a try this time.  Checking in at $3.49, why not?  Looked interesting, smelled pretty good.. time to dig in.

 duke wave review

Pretty much looks like an almost clear, gelatin coconut cream or something.  Smells like coconut and some other sweet shit, but definitely not too overpowering or fruity.. just a nice clean good product smell.  Scoops out soft and ready.


I put that and another dab and it was a little much.  Maybe I got that new product ready to dive in and test this shit out to the max kind of feel, need to work on that starting with less thing.  It worked in super super soft and easy, you could run this straight through your hairs mid top or bottom.  Usually with stronger stuff I lightly apply the mid and top of my mop, but this I ran through with no catches or snags.  Styled up easy enough, felt like I had an oily cream in my hair.. like a heavier version of some 360 wave control if you know what I mean.  

duke wave review




After I combed it in, it felt like it was weighing my hairs down.  My hair is getting a little long now, so if you've got shorter ones it might be cool, but for me it killed the height.  The heaviness seemed to unlock the style in the back that stickier strong product always glues together.


It's trying to get away and fly back there.  In the Duke's defense though, I think this stuff gripped to my hair and weighed it down cause it has a lot of oils and stuff in it.. seed oil, shea butter, seed butter?  Sounds like some heavy business, but probably great for your hair so it's a double edged sword.


All in all, it's not terrible but not my cup of tea.  It did go in and out easy, and made my hair super soft.. but would probably be better if you have shorter hair, or maybe coarser or curlier hair.  It does say it will control resistant waves.. but couldn't really hold and control my straight hair?  Not sure how that works, but I'd bet somehow it does better in curly thick hair.. probably wouldn't flatten out like it did to mine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment