Thursday, November 29, 2012

Sportin' Waves Review

sportin waves

sportin waves review

Grabbed a can of this for 3$, figured I'd give it a shot.  Max hold, easy in and out it says.. time to see. 


Looks like anything could happen, sometimes stuff that looks hard scoops out butter soft..  Smells ok, nothing remarkable but not unpleasant.  Getting in it feels kind of waxy and on the tougher side, which I like.. but softens up real quick once you rub it in your palm, another plus.


Applied a decent amount, worked in with ease and styled nicely.  I could tell it was a winner just combing it through.. gave my hair a lot of volume, but stayed controllable.  Pretty slick stuff I'd say, it put my hairs right into place and stacked them high.   



These pics were halfway through an 11 hour shift too, so I had been sporting it for awhile just recombed.. so it does hold nice like it says.  Also gave me kind of a matte finish which is cool, you can see on the side it almost looks dry.  The only thing it didn't do that the cap said, was wash out easy.. but hey, you can't win'em all right?  If it's going to hold usually that's the sacrifice, but it doesn't stay in as tough as some products.. so it really wasn't too bad in that respect.  All in all, I like it a lot and used it for a couple weeks straight.  Definitely worth the money, but watch out if you smoke.. and uhh, keep away from the kids,  there's some serious shit in there!  Hahaa

2 comments:

  1. I know some people go damp but I always dry mine completely first.. seems like I get more height or something, might want to try both and see what works best w your hair type. But for me if I put product in damp it looks like my hair flattens out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, so I somehow landed on this post 11 years late but thought I'd drop in to ask: You know this product was designed specifically for thicker-textured hair, right? Black people's hair specifically.

    It's called "Sportin' Waves" because it's at the center of a process (along with a LOT of brushing, nightly durag coverage and a few weeks of "wolfing") that makes Brothas' hair wavy. Google "360 waves" for examples of the intended effect of this product.

    No disrespect intended here, by the way. Just sharing info. Shit, this comment will probably never even be read. But at least I did my part. LOL

    ReplyDelete