Monday, November 12, 2012

Dax Wave and Groom Review

Dax wave and groom

Always see this stuff at the store, popped the top many times to check it out so I figured it was time.  Especially for short hair?  Hmm, never been one to let a few words stop me, so time to dig in.  

dax wave groom review 
Maybe it's just me but when I think of a dressing, usually they're super light and real greasy.. this looked more on par with some serious pomade so I got ready for toughness that wasn't there.  Surprisingly it's real soft straight out of the can, so I buttered up.. maybe a bit too much.  Worked in easy, and smells pretty good, the classic Dax scent but not over powering.  


Made my hairs manageable for the most part, but seemed to want to grab each individual hair and wrap it in grease.  Kind of made it a little crunchy and wanting to stick out like the side there.  I thought I could use the crunch to get some extra height, which worked.. or if you're going for something that will stick up and out real far this might be it.  But for me it did that to the back.


I tried combing and brushing the hell out of it, let the Dax work it's way in for more than an hour, came back and tried again but it just wasn't staying down.  Huh, with most everything I use.. my back will lay right but something about the Dax shot it out, which might be a deal breaker for me.  I thought maybe I put too much in, or even though I did this after a wash it might've been fighting all the beeswax residue in my hair.  I haven't given up completely on the Wave and Groom, but will try it next time with a little less and after a serious wash out.

I think like the can says, short hair might be cool with it, or even a notch or two longer than mine and everything would be sitting better.  Overall not bad, not my favorite but I like the smell and the way it works in.  I have a feeling mixing this with the Neat Waves would be perfect, but like to try things solo the first time.  If you're going for a super high pomp, or are looking for a softer alternative to the Murray's Superior this would be it.  Worth a shot for 3$ look for the red can, my shot made it look orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment