Thursday, November 1, 2012

American Crew Fiber Review

american crew fiber review

Saw this stuff and was interested that it claimed to be 'high hold low shine'.  I'm always searching for something I can style with, but won't look like there's any product in my hair.. looking at the texture in the store made me wonder if this just might be the one.

American Crew Fiber Review

Not a lick of shine in there, all matte.  Smell is clean and very light.


Digging in was tougher than most product, this shit wants to fight back when you go in.. almost a rubber like bounce back to it.  Usually I rub circles with my finger to warm it up before going for the palm spread, but this didn't want to stick together.  Eventually I got it spread ok, then went to put it in and man, this stuff is sticky as hell.  You don't want to move too fast going through or you might lose some hair.  

Before I got it I heard the Fiber was better for short hair styles and all that but said forget it, I'll give it a shot.  When I was putting it in, I thought damn.. maybe they were right?  You have to get it in quick before it dries and disappears on your hands, and to avoid ripping out my hair I couldn't run it straight through so it just spiked my hair straight up.  When I went to comb it in better I had to move real careful cause there was a ton of knots and tangles or just hairs stuck together.. this is some powerful shit here.  Not one to give up easy I forged through and got it combed, without losing much.    


After I got it cooperating it was pretty nice.  The only bad thing I could say would be it kind of stuck my hairs on the side together and they stuck out, maybe I put too much in over there but fixed it with a little bristle brushing.  Other than that it was cool.. after it was in for awhile, seemed to warm up and was a lot easier to manage than the first run through.  


Definitely a drier, low shine look so it does what it says.  I would say it probably does work better if you have shorter hair, or maybe rubbed in half a dab of Brylcreem first to soften the application otherwise watch out for ripping.  But every product is different and some have a curve to them, but once past that can be worth it.  Overall I like the Fiber, holds well enough, easy to run your fingers through or re comb, smells good and mostly if you're going for the extra low shine this is the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment