Friday, October 26, 2012

Dax Neat Waves Review


Went searching for some High and Tight the other week, and when I finally found a can.. it said best used by 3/11, huh.. watch those expiration dates.  That killed my plans, but next to that I saw the Neat Waves, still with plastic wrap around the can so it's got to be fresh right?  Said good til 2017 so if it lasts that long, that high and tight had to be old as hell.  But I've never seen a can still wrapped which is kind of cool cause that means I'm not getting a can of grease that had 5 finger samples swiped out of it if you know what I mean.  

Getting into it here, popped the can and it smells really good.. like how a classic pomade should, clean pretty much smells like the Wave and Groom, but a notch sweeter.  Swiped some out and the consistency is great, it's already soft when you put it in your hands but not so soft that it's dripping off.  If you've ever messed around with Murray's light, Dax Short and Neat or other hair dressing type products, you know that too soft can be bad..  But it seems Dax may have nailed with this, I read they geared it toward people who mix a little softener into the strong hold pomade.  This is good cause it runs through your hair without pulling any out, and styles up quick.  



The texture made me wonder if it would hold good, but I rocked it all day through 11 hour shifts and with an extra dab here and there it held pretty well.  The only thing I can say about halfway through my bangs kind of dropped a bit, but solved that with a little wax.  


Soften and hold, at the same time huh?  Moisturize and perfect hold don't really go together so I figured that was a bunch of bull, but this shit really does make your hair soft after it's been in for awhile.  Even my girl noticed that it felt different, kind of makes it easy to run your fingers through but keeps the style.  When it says maximum shine, it will give you that at first, but it cools off after awhile.. this is after rocking it about 6 hours with a quick re comb.



If you like the high gloss, a little dab works good as a dressing top coat after you've got it in already.  Or you could take a light layer of it's big brother the Wave and Groom, wax or something strong and just run over the top after you style to keep everything in place.  I know most people start with the strong for the base, but this stuff could work either way.

Overall I think it's great and have been using it daily since I grabbed it.  Smells nice, styles quick, keeps your hair soft and easy to comb through the day, washes out pretty good and only cost 3$ 

No comments:

Post a Comment