Saturday, October 13, 2012

American Crew Forming Cream


Grabbed some of this the other week along with 2 of their other products..  Says it's medium hold and shine.  Honestly had lowest expectations for this one so I figured I'd try it first.  What gave me that feeling was it was that it was a cream with medium hold, so I figured my hair would be flopping around in my face.  It does say it would be better for short styles but I'm always looking for mid to low shine for the dry look so I'll try anything.  Plus cream products are always interesting to me because they're easier to wash out.


Getting into it, the first thing I noticed was how sticky this shit is.. sticky as hell, which I figured might be good for hold.  Dipping into a cream I wasn't expecting that at all, but took it as a good omen.  Put a little in the palms, smoothed it out and rubbed it in.  You have to be quick with this stuff cause it dries up fast, so get it in before it turns to stick on your hands.  Had to run a couple glops through but got it working for me.


Overall I'd say it's pretty good.. completely knocked my expectations out of the water.  Had to work with the back to keep it down, but I just had a cut so it was a bit shorter back there anyhow.  I'm sure it would work great with short hair, but I was happy with the results.  It gave me a nice dry look, held better than I thought it would, smells really good, and washed out the next day with ease.  

1 comment:

  1. you do the same styling with every product. maybe you're always disappointed because you're not trying a variety of styles with each product.

    ReplyDelete